Canada à la Carte ®TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Thank you for selecting Canada à la Carte ® (CALC) as your tour operator for your trip. To ensure you understand the terms and conditions, please read the following. It is important that you understand these terms as they explain many of your rights and responsibilities as well as those of your travel agent and CALC.
DEPOSIT AND PAYMENT POLICY:
A deposit of $650 per person is required to confirm a reservation. Full payment is due 60 days prior to travel.
CALC will accept the following credit cards: Visa, MasterCard, American Express, and Discover. You may wish to notify your bank when making large payments to inform them of the amount to be charged on your card. Debit cards may also have a daily limit, please contact your debit card provider.
Canada à la Carte will accept checks for hotels, tours and attractions. Check payments should be made payable to Canada à la Carte and mailed to Canada à la Carte, 309 W Washington Street, Suite 650, Chicago, IL 60606. (Note: There is a $50 service charge for NSF checks. Money order or cashier’s check is preferred)
Reservations made within 21 days of departure require a credit card, money order, or certified check. We highly recommend payments for any booking made within 21 days of departure are sent Express Mail to the above address. Your reservation will not be confirmed until payment is received.
Once confirmed $150 per person plus supplier fees
90 – 61 days prior to departure $250 per person plus supplier fees
60 – 30 days prior to departure 50% of the package price plus supplier fees
29 -16 days prior to departure 75% of the package price plus supplier fees
15 or less days of departure 100% non-refundable
100% cancellation fee for no shows or if cancellation is made after travel is scheduled to begin
No refund for unused portions of the trip.
Vacations including Rocky Mountaineer have cancellation fees of:
Once confirmed until 61 days prior to departure 20% of package price, not to exceed deposit paid
60 – 46 days prior to departure 50% of the package price plus supplier fees
45 – day of departure 100% non-refundable
100% cancellation fee for no shows or if cancellation is made after travel is scheduled to begin
No refund for the unused portion of the trip.
Supplier cancellation fees may be assessed in addition to the change/cancel fees stated above.
CANCELLATION AND REFUND POLICY:
Your cancellation must be made by phone and written notice to CALC. Date of cancellation is the business day on which CALC receives written notice. The right to refund if you cancel or change plans is limited. Requests for refund must be in writing to CALC, along with unused tickets and vouchers, and received by mail, email or fax within 30 days of cancellation. Unused portions of your vacation will not be refunded. For changes or cancellations prior to departure, the request for refund will be reviewed, and the applicable refund will be remitted to you or your Travel Agent within 30 days less the following:
a) Supplier charges for cancellation
b) Non-refundable components of your travel plans
c) Administrative charge by CALC for processing the cancellation
- Date changes to existing reservations following full payment are considered a cancellation and rebooking.
- Name changes are not permitted. A name change is considered a cancellation and rebooking.
- A fee of $50 per person plus any supplier fees and price increases will be charged for all other changes. In some cases, supplier fees may be 100% of the services provided.
CALC recommends that you pay in full at the time of booking. Once full payment is received your purchase price is guaranteed.
Travel documents are sent to you or your Travel Agent approximately 14 days prior to your departure, provided your reservation is paid in full and the passenger agreement form is signed and returned.
A variety of third party travel insurance options are available through Canada à la Carte to cover your vacation. Travel insurance policies and coverage vary. General Information about third party travel insurance options is available by contacting a Canada à la Carte travel specialist.
- Canada à la Carte will not have liability regarding provision of medical care or the adequacy of any care that may be rendered. By agreeing to participate in a vacation and/or optional excursions you agree that you will hold CALC harmless regarding any provision of medical care or the adequacy of any care rendered. CALC is not responsible for such risks and dangers that may arise beyond our control. Payment of your deposit indicates you accept these risks and dangers and agree to hold VBR harmless for such.
- No weapons of any type are permitted on CALC vacations at any time. This includes, but is not limited to, firearms, knives, mace, brass knuckles, and other weapons of any type
TRAVELERS WHO NEED SPECIAL ASSISTANCE ON TOUR:
- At time of reservation, you must report to CALC any special needs while on tour. CALC will make reasonable attempts to accommodate special needs and disabilities, but is not responsible in the event it is unable to do so nor responsible for any denial of services by rail carriers, air carriers, hotels, restaurants, or other independent suppliers. CALC does not provide personal services (such as pushing a wheelchair, assisting with walking, moving or assembling mobility equipment etc.) and CALC does not provide individual assistance to a vacation participant for walking, dining, getting on and off coaches, trains, cruise ships, and other vehicles, or other personal needs. A qualified and physically able companion should accompany travelers who need such assistance.
- In the event you fail to notify CALC at the time of the reservation of any special needs or disabilities requiring special attention, CALC reserves the right to cancel your booking or terminate your vacation in its sole discretion, if your special needs or disabilities are not suitable for the vacation, pose a threat to the health and safety of other participants or CALC staff, or if you are not traveling with a companion who provides all the assistance you require. CALC will not refund or cover any costs or expenses incurred for cancellation, booking, or termination of the vacation. Cancellation penalties as applicable to your vacation shall apply.
- Not all sightseeing stops/sites, transportation, hotels, lodges and other components of your vacation are accessible for people with special needs or are required to comply with the Americans With Disabilities Act (ADA), and some locations and sightseeing activities require extensive standing, sitting, or walking—sometimes on unpaved or cobblestone streets. CALC will not refund or cover any cost or expense incurred for any missed activities due to a participant’s inability to fully participate with the group. The ADA is only applicable within the United States, and facilities for disabled individuals are limited outside its borders. Most transportation services, including the touring motorcoaches, are not equipped with wheelchair ramps.
CALC reserves the right to alter its Refund and Cancellation Policy when a substantial amount of cancellation or postponement of travel is attributable to: conditions resulting from an act of God, natural or man-made disaster, fire, government action, civil disorder, war, acts of terrorism, hostilities between nations or unavailability of transportation through no fault of CALC.
"FREEDOM TO TRAVEL" GUARANTEE:
On those rare occasions when the exclusions mentioned above make it necessary to modify its Refund and Cancellation Policy, CALC's “Freedom to Travel” will take effect. This guarantee will allow you to apply all monies paid to CALC toward any future CALC trip that departs within 12 months of your notification.
Train travel, as well as other forms of transportation, is subject to delays and service disruptions. CALC is not responsible in whole or in part for any delays, delayed departures or arrivals or missed carrier connections or for the loss of any purchased services that cannot be used as the result of delays or service disruptions. CALC strongly encourages purchasing travel insurance against trip delay and trip interruption.
PRICES AND ADDITIONAL INFORMATION:
- Prices are subject to change without notice, and all reservations are based on availability. Prices listed are quoted in U.S. dollars, per person.
- Holiday and peak travel periods may require a surcharge and may be subject to special payment and cancellation conditions.
- Advertised promotions are not retroactive to existing bookings
- National Park Fees for independent travel are not included in the cost of the reservation. They are your responsibility and are purchased at the applicable National Park.
- Transportation services do restrict the size of baggage along with the weight. Information on baggage is available upon request from Canada à la Carte
- Tour prices do not include gratuities, baggage handling and other incidental charges. Where rental cars are available, the rental does not include state and local taxes, airport fees, loss damage waiver (LDW) and other insurance, gasoline and surcharges for drivers under the age of 25 (where applicable).
- All amenities shown for a particular hotel property may not be available in every room category. CALC reserves the right, at any time, to substitute comparable alternate accommodations or substitute itineraries. Special room requests, including bedding requests, will be communicated to the applicable party but cannot be guaranteed.
INTERNATIONAL TRAVEL (Passports, Visas and Identification):
You are responsible for ensuring you have proper identification and documentation and meet all requirements for international border-crossing. CALC is not responsible for any loss sustained by failure to comply with laws, regulations, orders and/or requirements of countries visited.
RESPONSIBILITY AND LIMITATION OF LIABILITIES:
CALC is owned and operated by VBR Tours, LLC (VBR). VBR is solely responsible for selecting the suppliers that provide the component parts (e.g. hotel accommodations, air transportation, transfers, car rental firms, etc.) for the Vacations it sells. These suppliers are independent contractors. VBR does not own, control or operate, nor is it an agent for any suppliers furnishing tour component parts, and therefore VBR cannot be held liable for loss or damage to property or injury to persons, caused by reason of any act or omission, negligence, willful misconduct, wrongful act or otherwise by such third party supplier. VBR reserves the right in its sole discretion to make changes to travel itineraries or schedules and is not responsible for expense, loss of time, money or other such damages resulting from such changes. Furthermore, VBR shall not be held liable for loss of or damage to property or injury caused by reason of any strike, war, domestic or international terrorism, quarantine, sickness, government restrictions or regulations, or any other cause beyond VBR’s reasonable control.
NEITHER VBR TOURS, LLC NOR ANY OF OUR EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, SUCCESSORS, ASSIGNS, SUBSIDIARIES OR AFFILIATES SHALL BE LIABLE TO YOU OR OTHER THIRD PARTY FOR ANY INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, REGARDLESS OF WHETHER OR NOT VBR TOURS, LLC WAS ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES, ARISING OUT OF OUR SERVICES OR THE VACATIONS. FURTHERMORE, IN NO EVENT SHALL OUR LIABILITY WITH RESPECT TO ANY VACATION EXCEED THE FEES PAID BY YOU TO VBR TOURS, LLC FOR SUCH VACATION. THESE DISCLAIMERS OF TYPES OF DAMAGES AND LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY APPLY TO ANY DAMAGES OR INJURY, WHETHER FOR BREACH OF CONTRACT, TORTIOUS BEHAVIOR, NEGLIGENCE, PRODUCT LIABILITY OR UNDER ANY OTHER CAUSE OF ACTION. BECAUSE SOME STATES DO NOT ALLOW SOME OR ALL OF THESE DISCLAIMERS AND LIMITATIONS, THE ABOVE DISCLAIMERS AND LIMITATIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. IN SUCH STATES, DAMAGES SHALL BE DISCLAIMED AND LIMITED TO THE GREATEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY SUCH STATE LAW.
VBR TOURS, LLC MAKES NO IMPLIED OR EXPRESS WARRANTIES IN THE OFFERING OF ANY VACATION DESCRIBED.
These terms and conditions are governed by the internal substantive laws of the State of Illinois, without regard to its conflicts of laws provisions. You submit to jurisdiction and venue in the state and federal courts located in the State of Illinois and further agree that any cause of action you may bring arising in connection with or incident to the responsibility of VBR Tours, LLC will be brought by you exclusively in a state or federal court located in the State of Illinois.
By ordering and/or making payment for any of the Vacations listed, you acknowledge and agree to all the terms and conditions set forth above, including but not limited to the limitations of liability set forth above